How To Take Care Of Your Mental Health
Updated: Jan 18, 2022
Times are tough at the moment, especially during the COVID pandemic, but it’s important to look after ourselves and as well as our mental health. The World Health Organization defines mental health as "a state of well-being in which the individual realizes his or her own abilities, can cope with the normal stresses of life, can work productively and fruitfully, and is able to make a contribution to his/her/their community.” Our emotional, psychological, and social well-being are all part of our mental well-being. It has an effect on the way we think, feel, and act. It also influences how we deal with tension, interact with others, and make decisions. Mental health is critical at all stages of life, including childhood, adolescence, and adulthood.
How can I improve my mental health?
- Discuss the emotions. Talking about your emotions will help you maintain healthy mental health and cope with stressful situations.
- Eat healthily and remember to drink water!
- Talking to your friends and family
- Remember to take a break
- Make a habit of doing what you're good at.
- Be active, try going out for a walk, or go for a run with your friend, etc.
- Mediating/doing yoga
Although these are just a few things to help with your mental health, remember to be kind to yourself and listen to what your mind/body needs at the moment. Reach out for any help. We’re all in this together.